Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Uggg, so if you click the following link with your browser of choice on your happy mac, you'll see the site how it's suppose to appear. Nice and dandy.

But if you look in our fine friend IE on Windoze it doesn't wanna play nice with the transparent PNGs. I'm doing some reading now but I can't see to find an easy fix. :mad:

Attachments

• stupidbooks.jpg
    stupidbooks.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 164

stoid

macrumors 601
The best fix I ever found for alpha PNGs in IE was essentially putting the image in twice. One copy of the image was for all 'real' browsers with a special IE only code that told it o make it invisible. The other copy invokes a IE specific call that will cause it to render properly but be invisible otherwise.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
dubbz said:
Linky to an article that deals with the subject. There's some code there that might be usable.

yeah none of that filter stuff seems to want to work for me. Unfortunatly I'm only budgeted for 2 hours on this paticular project so I don't have any extra time to research this fully. Back to jpgs I suppose, seams and all :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.