Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liamcow

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
Since October 1 is long gone, when do you think the new displays will be released? I'm thinking MWSF.
Just curious because I'm saving for a new display and wondering if I should just wait until MWSF to be safe? Any input would be greatly appreciated... BTW, you were all a big help choosing which unit to use for my DJing. Thanks a lot!

Sherman

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Berzerkeley
I'm still kind of obsessed over the new TiBook, if there is going to be one.

It's really pissing me off that they're waiting so long, or taking so long, to release it.

The line is starting to show it's age.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
they'd BETTER come out with new displays by MWSF. i can't imagine not doing so. or at least serious price breaks... or maybe moderate ones. the 3/2 or 16/9 ratio screens are coming in. apple started that, and i have seen sony trinitrons with movie screen ratio, and even dell is planning on releasing a 3/2 laptop early next year, i think. my bet would be that apple is going to make a 17/19 inch 9/16 flat panel, and i think that would be worth biding my time for. however, thos 17 inch apple LCDs you can get now are just excellent displays. so waiting, i would think, just depends on how soon you need it. if you don't need it, i would just wait for MWSF... what do you have to lose?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.