Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iznAdiznam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2001
When the new imac comes out, which it inevitably will, it will definitely make waves more than the first, I believe. Since apple is now using only flat panel monitors, the new imac will come standard with a flat panel, which will asthetically (sp?) blow the competition away (what comp?). Anyways, I cannot wait to see what this new imac will look like, and consist of. A revamp of the cube with an all in one package? If the new ibook is any indication, the imac will be schweeeet! Apple, t'boot t'boot...

--Adam

iznAdiznam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2001
one more thing about this, IMO, the newest imac's, aesthetically (I just remembered how to spell this word) sucks. I mean, flowers and dalmations? Give me a break? What is this a cabriolet (unfortunately I own a silver beetle, and it has a flower vase, so I should not tread in this water...)? They NEED to vamp the imacs and make them a bit more sheik, because the old imacs are getting old and boring. But, they are still one damn fine computer for the money...

--Adam

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
iMac to be gone by end of this year

the fact that apple chose to put something like flowers and blue dalmations onto the iMacs tells me that they intend to replace them soon and figured they might as well make the old ones look bad so the new ones look spectacular.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Possibal

I dont think that they well.. bet rid of the line. But I agree that the last rev of the iMac's were a little off. It looked like a last ditch effort to sel a few more. Apple is an industry leader so they all ways have to have some thing new... even if its goofy like flowerPower. iMac's they are due for a major upgrade. They haven't had a signifigant one since I got my Rev A. I looking forward to seeing the new ones. Those and the Towers are the only modles left to upgrade at Mac world. I'm saving my nickels and dimes!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.