Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marpixct

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
I’m about to change my Apple products configurations. Or maybe not.
Let me explain.
My actual combo is: iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad Pro M1 12.9, MacBook Pro M1 and Apple Watch S7 SS.

Now, I’m considering these changes:

1) iPhone 13 128GB, iPad Air 256GB 4G, MacBook Air, Apple Watch S7 All
2) iPhone 13 Pro Max 256GB, iPad Pro M1 12.9 256GB 5G, MacMini M1 and Apple Watch S7 SS
3) iPhone 13 Pro 128GB, iPad Pro M1 11” 128GB 5G, MacBook Pro M1 and Apple Watch S7 SS

My need and usage of Apple products: a lot of media consumptions, Webex Meetings, Pages, Numbers and Keynote. I need long lasting battery life. I like great display and audio. I’m a MD and I never do photo or video editing.

Which combo is best for me according to you?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I’m not sure I understand why you want the change? Your equipment sounds great already for pretty much any task.

marpixct

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Because maybe is too overpowered for my need. I want the find the best and right combo for me and my type of usage and need

Denzo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Australia
This post. I want to be constructive. It’s hard.
You have all the latest equipment. What’s your question?

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
The nr.1 option would save you some money, but being an MD you might not care. Swapping out the M1 MacBook Pro for an M1 Mac Mini is quite a big change because you need a suitable screen, desk, camera, speakers and microphone (I trust you considered a 24” M1 iMac?).

I’d seriously consider each device on its merits. Would you prefer a smaller phone but keep the camera’s, get an iPhone 13 Pro. Would you like a smaller tablet and compromise on the screen, get an 11” M1 iPad Pro. Would you like a desktop computer, get an M1 Mac Mini and peripherals (or just get an iMac).

Honestly you already have a lot of the latest gear, i’m not sure a switch would make that much difference. The only thing that I think would make a significant difference to workflow is a larger screen and a mouse.

marpixct

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
What i mean is if there’s a better products combo for my needs than the one that i’ve already have. No matter if the new combo will be worst on thech specs.
The important concept is that i want the best for my need and not the best overall. A downgrade is not a problem. I want only to take the best for my daily habits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.