Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sca1pel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
desk.jpg

I got a macmini and became hooked, dual 24's HEAVEN. Im ordering a 12in powerbook on monday to make it all worth wile

Sca1pel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
Its a dual 2.5 with 1gb of ram (getting 4 soon enuf :p ) honestly apple can update whenever the hell they want, I luv this shyt!

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
edesignuk said:
But newbie has some sense, and won't pay Apple DOUBLE when they don't have to ;)

Ahh yes, but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of those displays crapped out a year or two earlier than an Apple display.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
iindigo said:
Ahh yes, but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't be surprised at all if one of those displays crapped out a year or two earlier than an Apple display.
Wow, Apple have got you good an proper huh :rolleyes: There is nothing special about Apple displays, they source the panels from the same places as everyone else, they just put them in a nice case and charge a lot more for them. Honestly, open your eyes. Your bank balance will thank you ;)

iindigo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
edesignuk said:
Wow, Apple have got you good an proper huh :rolleyes: There is nothing special about Apple displays, they source the panels from the same places as everyone else, they just put them in a nice case and charge a lot more for them. Honestly, open your eyes. Your bank balance will thank you ;)

Well I'm still not too fond of funding the Dark Side with my money :p

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Yeh the Apple displays are nice. But Dell has them sussed. Their screens are just as sharp IMO. I really shouldn't be thinking of purchasing a new LCD when I only have £300 in the bank and am saving for my Post-A-Levels trip! ARGHHH

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is an awesome looking setup that you have Sca1pel. I love the look of natural wood, so I like the desk also. The pictures are your wall are nice, it's a shame that they are partially covered now.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Hot damn, that's a damn nice setup. I think 24" is way too big for me though! I got the 19" Dell screen, really liking it. Dell makes awesome screens at unbeatable prices, you're a moron if you refuse to look at them just because they're Dell.

lordmac

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
edesignuk said:
But newbie has some sense, and won't pay Apple DOUBLE when they don't have to ;)

True if your gonna go with that size go with dell. But imagine that set up with 2 30 inch apple displays :D. Dell doesn't making anything close to unbelievably sexy and heavenly 30 inch apple display. Ya sure i think they make a few 30 inch displays but they have like a 3rd of the resolution and are more meant as TV's. :p Also don't the dells have that weird plasticy layer thing on it that is supposed to improve sharpness. While to some i know that is nice but to other it drives them crazy.

Still nice set-up you have there Sca1pel.

lordmac

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
edesignuk said:
Yeah, and the cost of the whole thing would have easily doubled :eek:

pfffft if your going to go that far obviously you have a lot of money to blow so price isn't as important i would guess. Also is really a price to high for a beautiful and wonderful screen such as the 30 incher. :D

Also Sca1pel I in no way mean to drowned out the absolute sweetness of the set up yo have, I am just pointing out the possibilities if one a had a crap load of money to blow. :)

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
What's with all the negativity in this thread? The OP is just sharing his cool setup. I think it's awesome. In my opinion, Dell displays are the way to go.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
MoparShaha said:
What's with all the negativity in this thread? The OP is just sharing his cool setup. I think it's awesome. In my opinion, Dell displays are the way to go.

Yes, why waist money on displays for just the name :confused:

Dell displays are GO ;) :D But preferably mac HW :p

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
daveway00 said:
I think I would have some serious neck pains with that setup! Maybe you should lower the monitors.

Exactly! I used to have that same desk and it sits high, the upper platform plus the height adjusted lcds would make it very difficult unless the lcds were angled downward.

Nice setup though!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Declared: life is unfair! How come my set-up doesn't look like that! :(

The Dell Australia site isn't too flash (not sure if that's a pun...) but can anyone tell me if you can get those LCDs in a colour that's not quite that dark, say silver or white or something? That'd be awesome if you could. Otherwise I may have to brush off the old spray cans...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.