Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBookUser16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
I just had to make a post about how happy I am with these headphones. Jumped on a Black Friday offer and went ahead with the AirPods Max. I had big expectations, and every aspect far surpassed them - it actually came as a surprise on me.

I'm re-hearing old music and discovering new sounds and feel like this is the way the artist intended it to be heard. Noise cancellation is magnificent (coming from Bose NC 700). Transparency mode works fantastic. The integration with all the other Apple devices is superb.

There, out of my system. If you are on the fence - go for it!

bsamcash

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
San Jose, CA
Good to hear you enjoy it! The ANC is unmatched and the more neutral signature allow music to feel more open and clear. I was very happy that Apple didn’t go the Sony route and just boost the low end and muddy everything else up.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Waiting for some naysayers to spoil the AirPods Max ”party”;) I love mine and take them to the coffee shop brewpub and use them while I wait for friends malso great for movies at home!

Reactions: artfossil

stealthytolkien

macrumors member
May 3, 2021
Love the actual headset but disappointed that they literally forgot to add a gesture / button press for muting the audio while on a call without relying on the phone.

Working from home is more common than ever now and it’d be incredibly helpful if Apple releases a firmware update that adds that functionality to one of the buttons (maybe two crown presses or something).

MacBookUser16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Love the actual headset but disappointed that they literally forgot to add a gesture / button press for muting the audio while on a call without relying on the phone.

Working from home is more common than ever now and it’d be incredibly helpful if Apple releases a firmware update that adds that functionality to one of the buttons (maybe two crown presses or something).
That’s a valid point. But honestly I think one of the advantages of the Max is the fact that it only has one button and the Digital Crown, simple and straightforward. On my Bose set I alway struggled to remember which button did what and got annoyed by invoking Siri when I didn’t intend to. Maybe I’m a slow learner though ?‍♂️

stealthytolkien

macrumors member
May 3, 2021
That’s a valid point. But honestly I think one of the advantages of the Max is the fact that it only has one button and the Digital Crown, simple and straightforward. On my Bose set I alway struggled to remember which button did what and got annoyed by invoking Siri when I didn’t intend to. Maybe I’m a slow learner though ?‍♂️

I also have the Bose 700 and the button system is trash. Plain and simple. They’re located such that they get accidentally pressed when adjusting the headset cups and they’re way too many to begin with.

On the other hand, QC35/QC45 have just 3 buttons (volume up down and center) achieving all major functions.

AirPods have two. One is a brilliantly designed crown that adjusts volume and can also be pressed to control music. The other controls noise cancellation. It’s easy to release a firmware to allow press hold that button during a call and mute your mic no?

MacBookUser16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
I also have the Bose 700 and the button system is trash. Plain and simple. They’re located such that they get accidentally pressed when adjusting the headset cups and they’re way too many to begin with.

On the other hand, QC35/QC45 have just 3 buttons (volume up down and center) achieving all major functions.

AirPods have two. One is a brilliantly designed crown that adjusts volume and can also be pressed to control music. The other controls noise cancellation. It’s easy to release a firmware to allow press hold that button during a call and mute your mic no?
Agree, should be an option!

nastysailboat

Cancelled
May 7, 2021
I really love my AirPods Max as well! So much so that I bought some AirPods Pro for a flight recently (Didn’t have room in my bag for the Max). Apple really has done an awesome job with ANC. I put the pros in during the flight. And gone was the loud plane noise, the two crying babies surrounding me were inaudible. It was awesome! I felt like I had the whole plane to myself.

souko

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2017
I agree. I have AirPods Max and it is my favorite audio device by far. I have used Sony WH-1000XM4 and Sennhesier Momentum 3 Wireless. And AirPods Max has much better sound and much better anc for me. (From Sony’s anc I had headache se I returned them.)
Build quality is just awesome for AirPods too.

Ethosik

Contributor
Oct 21, 2009
I also love mine, been using them for many months now since March. I came from a Sennheiser PXC that was about $400 when I purchased it in 2015, so the price increase was not bad. And I don't have to deal with pairing limits as I do have that many devices, even my PS4/PS5. I used to need to clear my Sennheiser daily to connect all my devices, I never have to do that with these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.