Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AC+

• Total voters

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
I have 12 days left to decide if I want AC+ for it and debating it’s worth. For iPhones and AirPods I understand why I want it, iPads to a lesser extent as mine rarely leave the house.

But what about a mac mini, how useful is AC+ for these?

I mean it’s £99 upfront (can these be moved onto monthly when the 3 years is up?) but realistically, how useful is it, I never had AC+ on my previous MacBooks.

Can I request express service replacements for a mac mini like I can with iPhones/iPads.

Just trying to find out the worth for AC+ on something that won’t leave the house, I have home insurance etc but presumably it’s not going to be anywhere as quick as a AC+ repair/replacement. It’s not even a top of the range model that would cost thousands to replace, it’s literally an 8GB base model that I got for £400 from Costco earlier this year.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Since my Mac Mini M1 was my first owned macOS device, I purchased Apple Care.

Why?

With me being new to macOS, I wanted the help of Apple Support if I messed up the OS or something else on it. On my next Mac Mini, I probably won't get Apple Care.

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Since my Mac Mini M1 was my first owned macOS device, I purchased Apple Care.

Why?

With me being new to macOS, I wanted the help of Apple Support if I messed up the OS or something else on it. On my next Mac Mini, I probably won't get Apple Care.
My requirements for AC+ is hardware issues/replacements, I work in IT and so Apple Support wouldn’t be high on my list of needs when it comes to AC+ but if I can’t even get an express service replacement as mentioned above, it’s worth might have taken another hit.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
The Mini seems to be the most reliable of all the Mac lineup.
Even "regular" AppleCare isn't needed, in my opinion.

Why would you want AC+ ??
What's going to happen to it that would require that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.