Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeppurple114

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2021
Hello, in last days i trying to access to my photos from icloud web (advanced data protection enable)
i get the notification to approve the access - it's seems doing the approval - try to show me the photos page and return to login page again.

someone know why?

bbbggg

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2016
I am having the same issue since about a week ago. If ADP is enabled, I cannot load encrypted iCloud.com apps like Photos or Notes. Doesn't work on Chrome or Edge on my Windows PC nor Chrome or Safari on my Macbook Pro (which rules out a Chrome or Windows update breaking something). All my devices are updated to the latest versions of the OS and apps.

So it seems like a backend problem since everything was working fine and then suddenly stopped working on both my Mac and my Windows PC. Strangely, you're the only other person I can find with the same issue -- doesn't even seem like there are any posts about it on Reddit.

Sometimes when trying to access Photos or Notes it does give me an access code prompt on my iPhone, and I approve it, then iCloud.com on my PC or Mac kicks me immediately back to the iCloud.com login screen (not the dashboard).

Other times, I get the "Sending access request..." and then immediately "There was no response to the request sent to your devices." and nothing pops up on my iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

I was on the phone with Apple for an hour today, they are gathering some data and sending it up the chain to engineering. No fix yet. I have a followup call with them on Friday morning. I'll post if they provide a solution, but I'm guessing the problem is 100% on the backend of iCloud.com

Last edited:
Reactions: deeppurple114

deeppurple114

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2021
I am having the same issue since about a week ago. If ADP is enabled, I cannot load encrypted iCloud.com apps like Photos or Notes. Doesn't work on Chrome or Edge on my Windows PC nor Chrome or Safari on my Macbook Pro (which rules out a Chrome or Windows update breaking something). All my devices are updated to the latest versions of the OS and apps.

So it seems like a backend problem since everything was working fine and then suddenly stopped working on both my Mac and my Windows PC. Strangely, you're the only other person I can find with the same issue -- doesn't even seem like there are any posts about it on Reddit.

Sometimes when trying to access Photos or Notes it does give me an access code prompt on my iPhone, and I approve it, then iCloud.com on my PC or Mac kicks me immediately back to the iCloud.com login screen (not the dashboard).

Other times, I get the "Sending access request..." and then immediately "There was no response to the request sent to your devices." and nothing pops up on my iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

I've was on the phone with Apple for an hour today, they are gathering some data and sending it up the chain to engineering. No fix yet. I have a followup call with them on Friday morning. I'll post if they provide a solution, but I'm guessing the problem is 100% on the backend of iCloud.com
glad it's not only me :)

Reactions: bbbggg

AntonisCy

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Have the same problem here. Tried accessing my photos and notes with ADP enabled but i cant seem to be able to do so... I am on a constant loop of giving access through my phone and logging in with my password.

msackey

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2020
I am also now having this issue.

I do get the notification on my trust device that iCloud wants access to protected data and whether I want to provide that access. I grant access using any of my trusted devices (Mac, iPhone, and iPad all show the notification that access is being requested). On the web browser where I'm trying to access protected notes, in a few sections the screen will change to say accessing Notes, but many seconds later it will show the following:

Can’t Display Your Notes​

Your device hasn’t given access to display your notes. Check that it is on and connected to the internet.​

I've tried turning on and off Access iCloud Data on the Web and this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.