Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicfle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2014
M1 and accessories compatibility (mouse, keyboard, printer, sleeve, mic etc.)

Many are buying new stuff for their new computer. I would like to know what hardware and drivers support the new M1. Let us know your good or bad experiences below.

For example I would love to hear about the Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac mouse and it's drivers. Thanks!

Jester_A

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2020
Logitech MX Master 3 and Logitech MX Keys are working perfectly. External webcam Logitech StreamCam doesnt work for some reason. Big Sur wont recognize the camera at all.

Reactions: nicfle

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Inverness, Scotland
I'm getting lag on two different Logitech Mice on my M1 Air- the MX Master 3 and the M720 Triathlon. I've switched off/restarted/unpaired and repaired to no avail. Does anyone else have ideas what I can do to fix it? I had no such problems on my 2019 Air.

lightfire

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2017
Logitech MX Master 3 and Logitech MX Keys are working perfectly. External webcam Logitech StreamCam doesnt work for some reason. Big Sur wont recognize the camera at all.
Is yours the standard MX Master 3 or the “Optimized for Mac MX Master 3”? Same question for Keyboard?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have seen uneven USB 2 to USB-C/T3 mapping. Some devices and adapters work, some do not. Hoping BS 11.1 will improve this. Looks half-baked.
This was not an issue on the DTK.

mikeboss

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2009
switzerland
these all work just fine:

Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse

Surface USB-C to Ethernet and USB Adapter

Microsoft Surface USB Type-C to DisplayPort Adapter (JVZ-00001)

nicfle

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2014
Do you know if Samsumg ssds (T7) work well with the new computers. From what I read they have some software/drivers. I guess from the last public update (spring) that they are not updated for Apple Silicon. Do I need the software or do they work out of the box? Thanks.

TheMadBrewer

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2008
Marina del Rey, CA
My Hyper 12 port hub is having issues on my MBA. It will recognize a thumb drive in a USB-A port but not Ethernet.

So I tried a no-name 3-USB A/Ethernet hub and again, a thumb drive is recognized but no Ethernet.

Both work fine on my 2017 Mac Book Pro.

Anything magic anybody can suggest.

She Who Must Be Obeyed has a Surface Pro -- maybe She'll get an ethernet adapter as an early Xmas preset :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.