Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
I have an PM14 and when I carry the phone in my hand I keep accidentally activating the Homescreen. (It's a heavy and large phone, so maybe this is less of a problem with the smaller phones). So the only alternative it seems, is to turn the phone OFF.

This is a pain when I want to quickly have the phone on to take a photo.

Is there any utility or method to accidentally stop activating the Homescreen from Lockscreen when carrying the phone?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have an PM14 and when I carry the phone in my hand I keep accidentally activating the Homescreen. (It's a heavy and large phone, so maybe this is less of a problem with the smaller phones). So the only alternative it seems, is to turn the phone OFF.

This is a pain when I want to quickly have the phone on to take a photo.

Is there any utility or method to accidentally stop activating the Homescreen from Lockscreen when carrying the phone?
In Settings…FaceID and Passcode. Turn on Require Attention for FaceID.

2024-02-05 16.45.02.jpg

I had this problem with my 11PM when simply wanting to check notifications on the lockscreen. Without the slider 'on' the phone would automatically unlock. That's what's happening to you.

ifxf

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
I had to turn off touch screen to activate. Use the on button to activate the screen .

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
I had to turn off touch screen to activate. Use the on button to activate the screen .
Thanks for the tip to make me find the setting in:
Accessibility > Touch > "Tap or Swipe to Wake"

'eyoungren' mentioned to "Turn on Require Attention for FaceID." however the above setting was what I was looking for. -- thanks for both your help!

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for the tip to make me find the setting in:
Accessibility > Touch > "Tap or Swipe to Wake"

'eyoungren' mentioned to "Turn on Require Attention for FaceID." however the above setting was what I was looking for. -- thanks for both your help!
Yeah. @ifxf tip is not one I use so I wasn't familiar with it. I might activate it though. My phone has a habit of turning on just because I picked it up to move it. I look down and the camera on the lockscreen is activate or the widgets or something. I then have to shut the screen off. It's annoying.

Steven SANH

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2023
Australia
My phone has a habit of turning on just because I picked it up to move it. I look down and the camera on the lockscreen is activate or the widgets or something. I then have to shut the screen off. It's annoying.
Yes it was happening to me too with the camera accidentally being on! There is another setting you probably know about, which I have 'disabled' on my PM14...
Settings > Display & Brightness > "Raise to Wake"

When I first got my iPhone I thought it a cool feature; but soon it became a nuisance, as every time I grabbed my phone it would come on.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Yes it was happening to me too with the camera accidentally being on! There is another setting you probably know about, which I have 'disabled' on my PM14...
Settings > Display & Brightness > "Raise to Wake"

When I first got my iPhone I thought it a cool feature; but soon it became a nuisance, as every time I grabbed my phone it would come on.
Yeah, I turned that one off pretty quickly. Picking up your phone to put it in your pocket meant 'waking up'.

PS. I turned off tap or swipe to wake in Accessibility. It means pressing the power button now, but I'm okay with that in exchange for the screen not lighting because I looked at the phone wrong!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.