Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I accidentally marked all of my thousands of emails across 3 gmail accounts and one business account as junk, in the Mail app, on my iPhone.

Now, every email that comes in is going straight to spam. And there are also hundreds of emails in the archive box which I have never used?

Is there a way I can reverse this?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Go to your Junk mailbox, select all, and move them back to your inbox.

I'm not sure what you mean concerning your Archive though. Are your Mail settings set to automatically archive mail instead of moving it to the trash after a certain amount of time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Apple_Robert

Savage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Go to your Junk mailbox, select all, and move them back to your inbox.

I'm not sure what you mean concerning your Archive though. Are your Mail settings set to automatically archive mail instead of moving it to the trash after a certain amount of time?

I already did that but incoming mail is still going to spam.

I'm thinking I should move my whole inbox to junk again, wait for all of the thousands of emails to move and sync, then move them back to the inbox once again and see if it does anything.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I already did that but incoming mail is still going to spam.

I'm thinking I should move my whole inbox to junk again, wait for all of the thousands of emails to move and sync, then move them back to the inbox once again and see if it does anything.
I sort of understand your logic there, but if it was me, I'd keep what I'd moved back in the Inbox, and then keep moving new stuff from Junk back to the Inbox. Awful to have to deal with this though when you'd much rather be working on your truck and camper, I'm sure!

Reactions: Savage
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.