Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Had a couple of friends with rather large hands who, when they bend their wrist, often touch the sidebutton or digital crown and they often complained to me, since I was the one who convinced them buying one. I can assume some people here have the same issue.

Yet there is a simple fix: when you wear your watch on the left hand, pick right hand during the config. Then put the watch on your left hand. The buttons are now on the other side, where your left hand can't get to them. You can still rather easily reach them with your right hand. It's not 100% perfect, but it will stop the accidental touching.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Had a couple of friends with rather large hands who, when they bend their wrist, often touch the sidebutton or digital crown and they often complained to me, since I was the one who convinced them buying one. I can assume some people here have the same issue.

Yet there is a simple fix: when you wear your watch on the left hand, pick right hand during the config. Then put the watch on your left hand. The buttons are now on the other side, where your left hand can't get to them. You can still rather easily reach them with your right hand. It's not 100% perfect, but it will stop the accidental touching.

That's not really a fix, that's more of an alternative if somebody was comfortable following your exact method. I think it would be a fix if something that would apply to everybody using the same process universally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.