Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
According this this article from Apple, with an ATV 4K, 2 paired Homepod Minis, and latest iOS/TVOS we should be able to output audio to them. But I can not get mine to work. They are all on my Home and in the same room within the Home app.

Anyone successful and know the trick to it?

DeftwillP

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2011
So far as I can find, you can set it up manually but not where it will stay permanently. Staying permanently is theatre mode and is definitely only OG pods. Hopefully, there will be a software upgrade soon to support it though. I get it that a pair of minis can't do near what a pair of OG pods but they're still leaps and bounds ahead of built in speakers.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
So far as I can find, you can set it up manually but not where it will stay permanently. Staying permanently is theatre mode and is definitely only OG pods. Hopefully, there will be a software upgrade soon to support it though. I get it that a pair of minis can't do near what a pair of OG pods but they're still leaps and bounds ahead of built in speakers.
Yea, I can set them manually, but not have them as default. I think that they might do that soon though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.