Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zigmund555

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2006
It's not necessarily accurate.

I've called three stores that are showing stock of all 3 models that have been out of stock for a while today.

I did notice that one of store entries changed from 3 greens to 3 reds about an hour after they closed.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
no in Maryland, all but 2 are completely sold out, and 1 of those 2 only has 16GB blacks in stock.

thor79

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL

I've called three stores that are showing stock of all 3 models that have been out of stock for a while today.

I did notice that one of store entries changed from 3 greens to 3 reds about an hour after they closed.

yeah they're not cutting off the lines soon enough...which means they continue to sell after the official closing time...so if it updates like you said then it's best to check it just before you leave to go stand in line in the morning.

A guy on Engadget said they told them before opening at the Oakbrook, IL store on Saturday that they were completely out of the 16GB black...despite the website showing them in stock for Saturday on Friday night. Tonight it shows as all in stock once more (after I confirmed over the phone they were indeed out). Needless to say I'm going to be refreshing the status page. Tomorrow I might actually go try to stand in line.

If I strike out there I might make a trip downtown to the Michigan Ave store...since I figure they'll have all the phones there if they don't have them in any other Chicago store. Kinda like the 5th Ave. NY store...it's one of their flagship stores in the States...they wouldn't dare let those run out. Everywhere else, sure....but not the store all the media outlets go to.

Farani

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
There are 5 apple stores in Michigan. 4 are completely sold out and 1 is completely in stock.

acrafton

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2006
Lines still too long here. .

My store is showing availability but they are lined up outside all day . . in 102 degree weather. I would buy, as I am sure others would, but the activation process has apparently kept the lines long and avail high. . .

Once I can get inside I will buy. . .

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008

The website says it only updates at 9 pm (after the stores close), so if you called based on what the site says, it was guaranteed not accurate. Since the website only updates when stores are closed, there's no way to call the store asking about the info - it would be closed. And if it was open, people would be buying the things.

zigmund555

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2006
I take it you called Montgomery Mall and got that info? That's disappointing, as the three greens made me think it was almost worth trying. Perhaps midweek instead.

I called earlier to ask if they would have phones for tomorrow and they told me no. I just called back and someone answered the phone. They told me they should have phones, but didn't think they had any 16 gig blacks in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.