Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I am the account "owner" if you will call it of the Home app on my iPhone.
My wife was invited so she also has control over the Home app / smart devices in the house.

However, when I initially setup the new HomePod, I tried to use her phone (as she has the more complex schedule, drive to work commute, playlists, music, etc) but it said only the owner can setup the HomePod, so I was forced to set it up with my phone. Now Siri reads my calendar, my commute to work, etc.

Is there a way I can redo this, and have my wife's phone used for setting up the HomePod?

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
Go to the Apple site and see if a 'reset' to factory settings will work. I think a link is on the first page of this forum.

Link is under 'Setting up open box HomePod....'

stgeorge602

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2018
I am the account "owner" if you will call it of the Home app on my iPhone.
My wife was invited so she also has control over the Home app / smart devices in the house.

However, when I initially setup the new HomePod, I tried to use her phone (as she has the more complex schedule, drive to work commute, playlists, music, etc) but it said only the owner can setup the HomePod, so I was forced to set it up with my phone. Now Siri reads my calendar, my commute to work, etc.

Is there a way I can redo this, and have my wife's phone used for setting up the HomePod?

Also of note, at least for me. I still had trouble connecting my wife's phone info to HomePod. Not sure if this is reason but I found creating a new "Home" in her Home app where she is the administrator seemed to resolve this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.