Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littlemidge

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2018
Hi!

Anybody here excited for the release of ace combat 7 next Friday ? (PS4/Xbox, followed by PC two weeks later) The first numbered title in over 10 years ! I really can’t wait ! Here are a few trailers..

Open Fire trailer:

Opening movie:

Multiplayer trailer:

Customisation trailer:

Arsenal Bird trailer

Last edited:

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Hi!
Anybody here excited for the release of ace combat 7 next Friday ? (PS4/Xbox, followed by PC two weeks later) The first numbered title in over 10 years ! I really can’t wait ! Here are a few trailers..

I'm interested in the PSVR mode. Debating pre-ordering this for AC5 bonus vs. waiting for reviews and/or price drop.
I'm hoping some reviews will leak before pre-order AC5 bonus expires to help me decide...

Last edited:

littlemidge

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2018
I'm interested in the PSVR mode. Debating pre-ordering this for AC5 bonus vs. waiting for reviews and/or price drop.
I'm hoping some reviews will leak before pre-order AC5 bonus expires to help me decide...
I don’t have psvr, but I’m also interested in grabbing one for the psvr content.

I’ve only heard of one review leak, and that’s famitsu (they gave it 35/40 I believe) the rest of the reviews should hit Thursday afternoon/evening.

Looking forward to replaying AC5 too !

th0masp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2015
I see they went back to AC6's direction with this one rather than the COD-esque assault horizon.

Back in the day I practically got the 360 after seeing AC6 running but in hindsight: if only this series was a bit more Falcon and less Afterburner I'd be happy to give it a go again. As it is it's just too arcade-y for my taste.

littlemidge

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2018
I got a 360 back in the day just for AC6 :) I wasn’t disappointed. As a numbered title it was a little weak compared to the rest but it was still good. And the soundtrack was fantastic.

4 and a half hours left until 5+7 unlock for play. Can’t wait !

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
I bit the bullet and pre-ordered and pre-installed on my ps4pro. I've been interested in playing Ace Combat games since the PS1 days, but never got around to trying. I am looking forward to playing tonight after work!

I generally prefer a lean towards arcade-y vs sim in most games, be it sports, racing, fps, whatever, so this title should suit me.

littlemidge

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2018
That’s great ! I think you will enjoy it. I enjoyed all the ps1 games back when they released. And so too the ps2 games. :D 2 hours to go.

Just a tip, I would try both control methods to see which one you prefer. But I would recommend expert controls out of the box, as they give you a lot more freedom in regards to movement. Don’t be put off by the word expert. It’s no harder to use than novice controls imo.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
With first 4 campaign missions and 1 vr mission under my belt, I can safely say I'm glad I picked up this game, it's really fun! I am going easy mode with expert controller settings. Tried normal mode and had a hard time getting past the second mission, so rolled it back to easy.

I also picked up a Thrustmaster HOTAS flight stick. I was 50/50 on the flight stick vs. regular controller, and almost returned it figuring it wasn't worth the cost for this one game, until I played the VR mission... For VR, the flight stick really adds positively to the immersion and is a must have IMHO. VR missions are insanely awesome! I did feel a tiny bit queasy after 1 VR mission, like how you feel getting off a roller coaster, but fortunately did not vomit, ha!

Anyhow, game is great. It's a niche title for sure, but worth checking out if you have any interest in flight combat.

See you up in the skies!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.