Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom Servo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I have no WiFi, but was able to jailbrake my Touch by going to a hotspot and laoding the page that makes Safari crash. Then went home and ran Touchfree. I've installed some aps, but really want some Roms on my NES ap. I have the Roms on my computer, but can't put it on the Touch.

On YouTube I saw Touchmaster using CuteFTP in order to get access to the Touch files. Does this program, or WinSCP require Wifi in order to work? Because I don't have that at home, all I want to do is put some roms on my iPod.

So do I need Wifi in order to put roms on my Touch? (it's all ready jailbroken, and I have the NES ap).

solyd

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
I have no WiFi, but was able to jailbrake my Touch by going to a hotspot and laoding the page that makes Safari crash. Then went home and ran Touchfree. I've installed some aps, but really want some Roms on my NES ap. I have the Roms on my computer, but can't put it on the Touch.

On YouTube I saw Touchmaster using CuteFTP in order to get access to the Touch files. Does this program, or WinSCP require Wifi in order to work? Because I don't have that at home, all I want to do is put some roms on my iPod.

So do I need Wifi in order to put roms on my Touch? (it's all ready jailbroken, and I have the NES ap).

You need your Touch connected to the network (through wifi obviously) in order for your computer (which does not have to be on wifi) to connect to it. Or if you have the network configured properly, you can have your Touch connected where there is wifi (perhaps a friend's house), and connect to it from your home computer. Just make sure you find your Touch's true IP and not the network IP if you're using the latter method; you can find this by pointing your Touch's Safari browser to whatismyip.org.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.