Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.sam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2023
I’m doing some travelling and purchased an iPhone 15 Pro to take with me.

My action button is mapped to my camera app, which is a great QOL feature. However, quite often I when the camera opens it just has a black screen (as if the camera were covered). The only workaround I’ve found is to unlock the iPhone and force close the camera app.

Makes the action button pretty frustrating to use and I’ve missed some great moments as a result of it.

Is anyone else finding the same?

Sidenote, it would bee really useful to be able to zoom without having to touch the screen. Opening the camera app with one button and then having to fiddle with a touch zoom slider is dumb.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2021
I'm having the same problem. Sometimes my camera opens up black and I have to close and reopen it to get it to work again. I don't have it mapped to the action button though.

mr.sam

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2023
I’m still seeing it on 17.1.1 unfortunately. It’s pretty frustrating when you hit the action button and a dead camera comes up. Have missed so much as a result, because you have to dig through and close the camera app for it to work again.

biting-mammal

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
I have the same issue. So frustrating! Makes me not use the action button for the very purpose I’d like to use it for 😔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.