Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Chesterton, IN
This post kinda refers to the post HERE.

I'm wanting to buy an iPhone off of Ebay. I'm just kinda wondering if i should be a activated, or unactivated iPhone.

Please do not get this confused with locked or unlocked, as they are 2 different things. Though, i'm sure people here know that. ;) (locked and unlocked refer to jailbroken or not right?)

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
I'm wanting to buy an iPhone off of Ebay.
with the high probability of one being announced tomorrow, wait a few more hours

I'm just kinda wondering if i should be a activated, or unactivated iPhone.
not sure what you mean because it doesn't actually make sense, but an unactivated phone cannot be used at all, except to call 911 or other emergency numbers

locked and unlocked refer to jailbroken or not right?
nope. locked/unlocked means whether the phone can be used only on at&t (or other networks depending on country). and unlocked iphone can be used with any gsm network

and a jailbroken phone is jailbroken, thats the only term used to describe it

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
Thanks! I'm glad ive gotten all my facts straight now. I'll wait it out a couple days.:cool:
these are the times for tomorrow:
07:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern
05:00PM - GMT
06:00PM - London
07:00PM - Paris
02:00AM - Tokyo (June 10th)

Killerbee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Chesterton, IN
OK. So now we've seen the new 3g iphone. Which is better to get? I guess its all up to you, since the 3g iphone has down sides and up sides.

:mad:Something i don't like is that plastic back. Does that mean 1 drop and its shattered or what? I really don't know. Must have to wait for a YouTube drop test.

:)Something that i do like is that half price ordeal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.