Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onegd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
I have a normal T-Mobile SIM card on the family plan, so it comes with voice and data. When I put this sim card in my iPhone, voice and data works perfectly. But when I put the same SIM card in my iPad mini retina, it gets the signal and everything but when I try to open any page, it takes me to mimpre.t-mobile.com page which basically says:
T-Mobile Connect Me
Hey, we have expecting you...
Activate your new device
Get more data

Get Started

Once I click get started, it goes to another page which shows only OK button, nothing else on the page and this process is in a loop.

I know I can get their data only sim, but does anyone know how I can use regular t-mobile sim in iPad?

Tks

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I have a normal T-Mobile SIM card on the family plan, so it comes with voice and data. When I put this sim card in my iPhone, voice and data works perfectly. But when I put the same SIM card in my iPad mini retina, it gets the signal and everything but when I try to open any page, it takes me to mimpre.t-mobile.com page which basically says:
T-Mobile Connect Me
Hey, we have expecting you...
Activate your new device
Get more data

Get Started

Once I click get started, it goes to another page which shows only OK button, nothing else on the page and this process is in a loop.

I know I can get their data only sim, but does anyone know how I can use regular t-mobile sim in iPad?

Tks

You can't. The data sims and phone sims are different. You need to get a mobile broadband sim card for your iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.