Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndAr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Hello. My problem is on iPad 2 and about iCloud account. I had this friend that used to have it with her email and password and now i don't have any access on it and also she doesn't remember the password or any way to resolve this problem. They told me to reset and so I did but still the iCloud account didn't remove. And now to have access i have to enter the password of her email account. I tried to do this thing with iTunes but my laptop does not recognize it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• ipad problem.jpg
    ipad problem.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 231

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
There’s no way to get away from that lock. Ask your friend to remember it or take it to an Apple store and see if they can do something about it.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Once your friend remembers her credentials she can remove the device from her iCloud account. You as a third party cannot use the device prior to this.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Hello. My problem is on iPad 2 and about iCloud account. I had this friend that used to have it with her email and password and now i don't have any access on it and also she doesn't remember the password or any way to resolve this problem. They told me to reset and so I did but still the iCloud account didn't remove. And now to have access i have to enter the password of her email account. I tried to do this thing with iTunes but my laptop does not recognize it.

Thank you.
Always download and keep an OLD iOS Firware on PC do a reformat don’t turn on WiFi. Keep the PC offline. And start fresh.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
There's no way around the activation locks, and discussions on circumventing that measure almost always degenerates into accusations of theft and bickering so this thread is getting locked.

OP, your friend needs to get it unlocked, she may be able to do this apple, if she still has the receipt and/or can prove ownership with them, otherwise she'll need to remember the authentication details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.