Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lftrghtparadigm

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
What are some good options that are available now? All BT headphones ive seen look a little pricey for their worth..

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
What's a good headset that doesn't look "dorky" and chunky and that has good sound...?

Thanks

threezero

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2008
What's a good headset that doesn't look "dorky" and chunky and that has good sound...?

Thanks

if apple is going to come out with their own AD2P i bet it will have the doest look "dorky" feature but judging from their previous headset wireless or not, sound quality won't be the best in it price range (consider that it WILL be overpirced)

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
if apple is going to come out with their own AD2P i bet it will have the doest look "dorky" feature but judging from their previous headset wireless or not, sound quality won't be the best in it price range (consider that it WILL be overpirced)

I bought me an S9 and while it sounds great, it seems that I loose the signal if I move the iPhone at arms length.

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
I am using the Motorola S9 headphones too. The audio works great, but the "next and previous track" buttons don't work for me. Have you gotten them to work?

They don't work for me either.

This kind of gives me hope, actually. Today when I was in my car I noticed a little music icon on my dashboard that I hadn't seen before, which turned out to be my iPhone now having the ability to stream music over Bluetooth in the car (it auto syncs for phone calls when I get in already, which has always worked great)

I could play music fine, but had to control it from the iPhone- the controls on the screen in my car didn't do anything.

So hopefully this is just a sign of it being opened up, but not fully functional yet and will be worked out by the time it's final.

peperoni

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
In your car you can stream music with A2DP, but in order to control the iphone/etc with the car stereo you need to have AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) supported in both your car and phone. Does anyone know if AVRCP (and the rest BT prof.) will be supported or is the BT support still a chosen few BT profiles?

kingkong954

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Any updates regarding the ability to control the iPhone wirelessly? (AVRCP)?

I guess A2DP is great for using wireless buds, but it's useless for an in-car situation if I still have to take it out of my pocket to control it :(

I am going to be pretty bugged if the iPhone continues to lag behind in regards to it's streaming music capabilities.

In my opinion, this is the best convergence device, and one of the best PMP's... yet it lacks some fundamental (and available) standards...

Switz213

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
knowing apple, you will have to use their headset.......

Umm Apple is not Microsoft and this is not the xBox...
Talk about 100 bucks for a crappy wifi receiver.
Microsoft is the one that limits their items, not Apple.
When has apple ever done THAT?

williamgallas10

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2009
Anything apple will be over priced. Their current in ear headphones is $30, but offers the same sound quality and build as a $10 pair of sonys.

bradenwh

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008

iPod Shuffle earphones?

kisbys

macrumors regular
May 31, 2009

How about having bluetooth A2DP and limiting bluetooth streaming for a year and still not having A2DP controll!!!!!!!!!!!! These days they are just as bad as each other but the more i watch their presentations the more smug they get

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.