Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RodChester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Hi there. I currently have AdBlocker 2 installed on both my iPad Air and iPhone 6. It works pretty well for me, however there are a few webpages that I visit that are quite slow to load because of AdBlocker. Also, opening some link to merchant websites does not always work and I have to disable AdBlocker to open those links.

I was wondering if there are any better alternatives to AdBlocker that will not slow down how fast some pages load and will always open up links I click on without have to disable it first.

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated.

RodChester

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks for the quick replies. I should have stated in the OP that I want something specific for my iPad and iPhone. And something that will work on LTE as well as wifi. It looks to me that these options are only going to work on my home wifi network.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The dnsmasq+pixelserv combination work very well on all networks when they are both running on the iOS device and properly configured.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
How do I use or apply those two ?

You have to first compile dnsmasq or download the slightly outdated one from Cydia. Then configure it as a DNS caching server and set it to cache both the cellular and WiFi connections. Once that is done, install Perl on your device and setup pixelserv as a LaunchDaemon. Then setup a list of domains that you want to be blocked and add them as an exclusion list to dnsmasq.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.