Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Update: Solved. It was AdBlocker being overzealous. Manually white-listing the search engines fixes the problem. I wasn’t seeing the issue in Chrome or Dolphin because I had not enabled AdBlocker for them.

Former thread title was
Censorship: "Cydia ads" Safari search blocked

On my iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.1 jailbroken, I am experiencing what appears to be censorship in MobileSafari.

When I search for "cydia ads", "sbsettings ads", and similar terms on my phone, Safari gets redirected to "blocked:blank" with a blank page. I have tested Google, Bing, and Yahoo, and the same thing happens with all of them.

Is this a known occurrence?

The problem is confined to Safari. Both Chrome and Dolphin are able to complete those searches just fine.

I have a number of tweaks installed, and I'd like to know if this undesired behavior is due to a 3rd-party tweak, or whether Cydia and/or SBSettings have started being evil, or what.

What can I do to prevent my searches from being blocked?

Last edited:

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Just tried it and getting that too.

Also, for some reason when I type out words in the google box on the top right of Safari, I'm not getting the suggested searches. What's up with that

----------

On some word searches it works eg. I type in "enga" and it brings up the suggested search "Engadget"

Most words such as "samsu" is blank on the suggested searches

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.