Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I was sad to see Adblock not available as an extension. Has anyone found an alternative?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
It's available and working fine. You're probably looking at the beta extensions site; just go to the original one. However, until it's all settled, Safari 9 won't auto-update extensions from the non-beta site.

Reactions: vega07

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I don't see ANY ad blocking extensions available from Safari 9 in El Cap.
But, I already had 3 different ad blockers installed in Safari from before I updated to beta. All appear to work. But, they were previously installed, and none are showing as available for downloading through the internal Extensions tab.
The previous posters probably have the best idea. Try getting directly from the Ad Block site, or whatever others you might want to try.

mefistos

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
does it work for you on twitch and YouTube? for some reason it doesn't block ads anymore on these pages

hxlover904

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2011
i'll second ublock and add ghostery. i've had better success than ublock than i did with adblock/plus.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
My Adguard install survived the 10.11 beta upgrade.

Yep. It is also quite lightweight and block YouTube ads effectively. I don’t even bother recommending Adblock Plus or Adblock anymore.

It remains to be seen which adblocker will be the first to support Safari’s new content blocking extension.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.