Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
I just got an ADC email. All ADC members receive the full retail version for free. Suhweet. I have a student ADC membership I purchased for $99. I wasn't planning on picking up Panther for a while but it looks like I'll be upgrading soon.

Cheers - eV

quicksilver116

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2003
Providence, RI
Yeah, just got that email myself. Wish I had not shelled out the $20 for the up-to-date version. It's going to be arriveing tomorrow. Would have been nice if they told student ADC members this a little earlier than the day before it is released.

eVolcre

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
Right. I had no idea this was coming. WOuld have been ticked if I had pre-ordered a copy.

el_aarono

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2002
USA
Originally posted by quicksilver116
Yeah, just got that email myself. Wish I had not shelled out the $20 for the up-to-date version. It's going to be arriveing tomorrow. Would have been nice if they told student ADC members this a little earlier than the day before it is released.

I am a student developer too. There was actually a thread in the Software discussion area about ADC's getting Panther for free. I wasn't sure so I emailed the ADC and they verified that was the case. I wish we could have gotten the word out sooner. Too late now, I suppose....

Later

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I don't think the ADC versions have "Not for Resale" on them, so you could potentially *sell* that copy you get and make $70-80 bucks off of it :)

candan9019

macrumors regular
I said this on another thread. The Student ADC site has a pdf of all the benifits. I guess nobody looked at it; I didn't for awhile. There are probably a few people who ordered without knowing. Apple should have notified everyone a while ago regardless. More money for them though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.