Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPNMac

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
Illinois
There are multiple posts (mainly WikiPosts) that use the SPOILER BBCode for providing collapsible sections that are not necessarily spoilers.

Here are some examples:

As you can see, these examples use the SPOILER code incorrectly. Instead of using them for spoilers, they are used to make the posts easier to navigate. However, the SPOILER code always adds a "Spoiler" prefix to the show/hide link, as shown here:

Hello World!

I think that adding a seperate code COLLAPSE would be a good idea. It would function the same as the SPOILER code except that there is no "Spoiler" prefix added to the show/hide links.

Last edited:
Reactions: annk

JPNMac

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 1, 2020
Illinois
This was an easy mod.

see how that looks.
I think there could be a problem with your change.

What I meant was to leave the SPOILER code alone (with the "Spoiler" prefix), and then add a separate code COLLAPSE for non-spoiler collapses without the prefix.

The problem is because on most posts using the SPOILER code for spoilers, the show/hide link text used to say something like "Spoiler: Click to see", but since you removed the prefix, now the show/hide links on posts that use it for spoilers just say "Click to see". See what? A dog? An iPhone? Simply, the change breaks the show/hide links on posts that use the SPOILER code for spoilers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.