Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchmashinPrunes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2017
South Carolina
Would it be possible to add like a 2-pole switch to the power cable connected to a GPU in order to turn it off? The graphics card I can afford and want isn't compatible with a Hackintosh build, but it is very compatible with Windows, which I was going to dual boot with 2 120GB SSD's in my build, so I don't want to have to either unplug it or take it out every time I want to use my MacOS boot, or go into BIOS every time

Thanks for input or suggestions!

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
so I don't want to have to either unplug it or take it out every time I want to use my MacOS boot, or go into BIOS every time

Should be no need to do either even with it installed all the time. If you have it installed as the second card in the system then OSX should ignore it if it does not load the drivers. Windows on the other hand should be able to see and use the second card although you may have to switch around monitor cables to get the results you want. Would be nice to know the hardware in the machine to advise you better on this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.