Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I usually use VLC on my iPad but for some reason it doesn't seem to like the new files I've put on tonight. I've no idea why as they're avi files and I checked they played fine on my PC before transferring them over.

But for some reason VLC won't entertain them. It crashes as soon as I try to play one (as in it completely freezes and o have to hold the home &a power button to restart).

It has no problem with older avi files.

Anyway, Kodi plays them fine, it took me
An age to find the folder they were in too open them though. So I thought I'd just delete VLC but I can't figure out how to add video files straight to Kodi's library from my PC (I've always just used it for streaming).

So can someone please tell me how I can add files to Kodi's library. Apologies if it's simple and I'm not seeing the wood for the trees but Google isn't be my friend here.

Thanks!

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Umm never passed directly onto Kodi, but you should be able to access the folder using an app like ifunbox would be my guess.
Probably Raw File System" is the folder where you want to put your media. Like var/mobile/Media or something like that, but you said you already know the folder so just use ifunbox to find it and drag and drop. GL

Reactions: lyceumHQ

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Umm never passed directly onto Kodi, but you should be able to access the folder using an app like ifunbox would be my guess.
Probably Raw File System" is the folder where you want to put your media. Like var/mobile/Media or something like that, but you said you already know the folder so just use ifunbox to find it and drag and drop. GL

Sorry. I meant I found the VLC folder via kodi and added that which took an age as it wasn't labelled, just a string of numbers.

I have no idea where the Kodi folder is.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Sorry. I meant I found the VLC folder via kodi and added that which took an age as it wasn't labelled, just a string of numbers.

I have no idea where the Kodi folder is.
Probably you can drop it in the folder I posted and it should show the files on kodi. GL

Reactions: lyceumHQ

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
That worked. Just made a video folder in Var/Mobile and added them.

Thanks!

Reactions: Carlanga
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.