Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Hey guys, so yesterday I added the repo called "Karen's Pineapple" (http://cydia.angelxwind.net) so that I could get one of the tweaks found on that repo. After adding the repo, though, I noticed that I had an upgrade available for GNU Privacy Guard—the upgrade was available from Karen's Pineapple. What's this about? The latest version is apparently version 1.4.15-1.

Description is as follows: "GnuPG or GPG is a free alternative to the PGP suite of cryptographic software. In this version a lot of security vulnerabilities are fixed since Sauriks version 1.4.8"

Currently I have version 1.4.8-4 installed. What should I do about this available upgrade? Seems a little sketchy coming from this repo that I just added. :confused:

UPDATE: Alright, got it.

Last edited:

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
This available upgrade is bugging me as i try to not update it; anyone know what this is about?

becast

macrumors member
May 8, 2013
This available upgrade is bugging me as i try to not update it; anyone know what this is about?

not sure, but It might be just to install the repo icons. Sometimes you install repos and then an upgrade appears to install them

uisim151

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2013
Milky Way, planet Earth
not sure, but It might be just to install the repo icons. Sometimes you install repos and then an upgrade appears to install them

hes right I just looked at it. its just icons you do not even need it and you can delete it from cydia anytime, just a matter of if you want to have that needed update always showing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.