Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wasimyaqoob

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2005
London, England.
Hello, is there any way that you can make your iPod into a dictaphone so you can record people talking straight onto the hdd, i've heard of something like this before on the past generations of iPods, but was wondering if its out for the 5G Video iPod - Please post, thanks!

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
wasimyaqoob said:
Hello, is there any way that you can make your iPod into a dictaphone so you can record people talking straight onto the hdd, i've heard of something like this before on the past generations of iPods, but was wondering if its out for the 5G Video iPod - Please post, thanks!

Got one for my 4th gen 20gig iPod -- iTalk by Griffin. Snaps right on top of the pod.

I ONLY use it for voice recording and live singing. Better than those pesky sony mini tapes and mini recorders. I think Griffin is working on an interface for the 5th gen iPods, but meanwhile a friend of mine with one uses Griffin's iMic and a lapel mic by them to record.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
I think this is what you're looking for: MicroMemo for Video iPod. Records in higher quality than the old Griffin iTalk and includes a "flexible, detachable microphone". Looks like you can detach the microphone from the recording unit and plug in audio from another source. Nice.

Attachments

• micromemo.jpg
    micromemo.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 193

erickg

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
jimthorn said:
I think this is what you're looking for: MicroMemo for Video iPod. Records in higher quality than the old Griffin iTalk and includes a "flexible, detachable microphone". Looks like you can detach the microphone from the recording unit and plug in audio from another source. Nice.

That looks really awesome! But at 80 bucks... :( I'll really need a recording device for my video iPod sooner or later, but not quite sure I can justify the price-tag.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
jimthorn said:

Nice. I hadn't seen this yet. I'm glad there is finally a mic out for the "video" iPods. I'll have to pick this up soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.