Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Currently, I am subscribed to the USA Holiday calendar and I need to add another holiday calendar for a different country.

I went to settings/general/ and under Region, I selected the other country and then closed the Apple Calendar app and then reopened it. The USA Holiday calendar got removed but still I do not see any holidays reflecting the other country.

What is it that I am doing wrong here?

As a workaround, I went to the Office Holidays website and added the ICS subscription link to the calendar app.

But still, I hope someone has a more elegant way of adding a different holiday calendar.

Last edited:

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Perhaps it would help to identify both calendars so people could try to replicate the issue? That often leads to a certain solution.

My first guess is that perhaps both calendars share the same name: Holiday. My next guess is that 1+ of them while being something that can be chosen online may not be an updated one... and thus worth searching around for another version of the same. There seems to be some dead iCal cals online.

iphonefreak450

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 14, 2014
Well, I did some testing and it seems that my calendar settings are synced up with my Google account.

So, if my Calendar Holidays for my specific region/country is set in my Google Calendar then it seems that it is also setup on my iPhone as well since my Google account is added to my iPhone.

The other method that also seemed to work is that I used a ICS subscribe link for that country and then added to the Subscribe to Calendar. That worked as well. These ICS links can be obtained from OfficeHolidays website page.

Anyways, it is not a huge deal.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.