Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meow66meow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I re-formated my PC (running Vista) recently. My iPhone was set up to sync with this computer. I know iTunes will erase an iPhone's memory and sync the material from your library to it has never "met" that particular iPhone before. I backed-up all my music, videos, and podcasts (and have already added them to my new iTunes library) but don't a have a backup of my iPhone's settings, 3rd Party Applications, etc. Is there anyway to connect my Phone to iTunes without having it erase everything? I have searched the internet and the forums for an answer but couldn't find anything... (Perhaps I am just blind)

Thank you for taking the time to read my question. :)

RITZFit

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Just around the river bend
I think the overwriting only applies to the itunes music. I've been able to able to re-sync my phone to both a mac and pc after reformatting and all my phone settings and pics were saved (just chose not to overwrite the music on the phone)

meow66meow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I think the overwriting only applies to the itunes music. I've been able to able to re-sync my phone to both a mac and pc after reformatting and all my phone settings and pics were saved (just chose not to overwrite the music on the phone)

Oh, I didn't know that! I thought it would wipe everything. Thank you very much for your help! :D I am off to sync my iPhone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.