Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
when i add a song to a playlist, it ALWAYS adds it to the bottom of the list, i then have to go to the playlist and drag it up to the top.

Is there any way where i can add a song to a playlist and it puts it to the top?

I have tried 'sort by....ascending and decending' but it still does not work how i would like.

Thanks

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
I was about to post the same thread when I found this. I have a default playlist in Apple Music that's currently at 170-ish songs. Adding a new song to it requires me to drag the stupid thing to the top of the playlist EVERY TIME.

I really wish Apple would, at the very least, give us some kind of option button to add songs to the top of a playlist rather than the bottom.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
I too was wondering the same thing this morning. I swear this preference was in iTunes. Am I imagining that, or was the preference lost in the switch to Music, or just buried in some unintuitive spot so we're overlooking it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.