Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Ok this is a weird one. My wife has an iPod (last gen). She is running 6.1.2 and i just JB. This iPod used to be JB when she was on iOS 5.

Now the weird part, when i add springtomize the contact app goes away, i still have access to the actual contacts ( when writing an email or just a spotlite search), but the actual app is gone.

I looked in all the folders it is not there. I can remove springtomize and the contacts app is back.

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Ok this is a weird one. My wife has an iPod (last gen). She is running 6.1.2 and i just JB. This iPod used to be JB when she was on iOS 5.

Now the weird part, when i add springtomize the contact app goes away, i still have access to the actual contacts ( when writing an email or just a spotlite search), but the actual app is gone.

I looked in all the folders it is not there. I can remove springtomize and the contacts app is back.

Have you tried going into Springtomize > Icons > Hide Icons > and make sure it's disabled or that Contacts isn't selected somehow?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
In springtomize capabillities toggle contacts back on.

Probably a left over setting of previous jailbreak in the plist of springtomize

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Have you tried going into Springtomize > Icons > Hide Icons > and make sure it's disabled or that Contacts isn't selected somehow?

In springtomize capabillities toggle contacts back on.

Probably a left over setting of previous jailbreak in the plist of springtomize

Clearing out the plist for springtomize worked. Thanks.

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I actually never went into that before. Another reason to love Springtomize!

Thanks

Haha! Yea that's a great little feature of springtomize. Of course you can always use iFile and do the same thing manually. The plist files are located in var>mobile>library>preferences. But it's much easier to use springtomize. It's a nifty little feature to use if you're ever having issues with a Cydia package. Whenever I permanently remove something from Cydia, I always go into springtomize and delete the leftover plist file(s) from that package. I hate unnecessary clutter on my jailbreak!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.