Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I have to iPhones: a work one and a personal one. The work one was the first to get wifi calling and now my personal has wifi calling. When I try to upgrade to wifi calling on my iPad, it only recognizes my work phone the same thing happens to my rMBP. How to do I change to my personal phone?

I signed out of iCloud on my work phone but the iPad and rMBP only want to do it with my work number.

robnbill

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Northern VA - Fairfax Area
If I understand you correctly you want to switch "Calls from iPhone" to your personal iPhone number from your work iPhone.

On your work phone I would make sure "Calls on Other Devices" under "Phone" is turned off - turning that off will not affect your wifi calling on that work iPhone. On your personal iPhone turn on "Calls on . . . " and in the list you should be able to select which devices (iPad, MBP, other iPhones) you want to allow calls on.
[doublepost=1463841541][/doublepost]Let me add one more thing. I also turned on wifi calling on my iPad under FaceTime (If I recall) - it activated after a minute or so. Then I was able to receive calls from my iPhone.

Last edited:

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
If I understand you correctly you want to switch "Calls from iPhone" to your personal iPhone number from your work iPhone.

On your work phone I would make sure "Calls on Other Devices" under "Phone" is turned off - turning that off will not affect your wifi calling on that work iPhone. On your personal iPhone turn on "Calls on . . . " and in the list you should be able to select which devices (iPad, MBP, other iPhones) you want to allow calls on.
[doublepost=1463841541][/doublepost]Let me add one more thing. I also turned on wifi calling on my iPad under FaceTime (If I recall) - it activated after a minute or so. Then I was able to receive calls from my iPhone.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.