Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockoo

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
Just wanted to share some interesting things I have found about the iPhone 14 Pro that have not really been mentioned. If you found any more please add to this thread!

• You don’t have to tap to wake before unlocking you can just swipe up on the always on display.
  • Action mode isn’t limited to the ultra wide camera. Once you turn it on you can swap back to the other lenses using the zoom option.
  • Camera settings have two additional new options:
  1. Enhanced Stabilization: Video and Cinematic mode will stabilize videos by zooming in slightly.
  2. Action Mode Lower Light: Action mode will decrease the stabilization to optimize for less bright scenes.
  • There’s an additional ambient light sensor that measure light on the back of the phone. Should make auto brightness more accurate.
  • The 5G antenna on the side of the phone is bigger (assume it helps with reception but haven’t seen any tests yet).
  • Shortcuts now use the dynamic island. Makes opening apps via custom icons less obtrusive .
Unconfirmed stuff (could be placebo) but I have personally noticed and seen others report on twitter:

• Screen seems cooler (not bad) and more vibrant? Could also vary due to screen lottery.
  • Speakers seem “punchier” and sound a bit louder.
  • Overall system animations look smother (even compared to 13P) possibly due to display engine .

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I’ve noticed CarPlay volume is louder and higher quality. I used to have mine on my car’s Volume 40 when I was really feeling a song; now 32 is more than enough. Also heard Dolby Atmos is louder on AirPods Pro but haven’t confirmed it myself just yet.

Reactions: Rockoo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.