Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikebuzzsaw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This is getting annoying. I have 360 contacts in my address book, but only 226 will sync with mobileme. I tried reseting the sync thing in advance and thats a no go too.

Rivix

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2005
I have a similar problem. When I create a new contact with my iPod Touch it will not add it to my contacts on my laptop. Its frustrating....

tdm

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2009
iphone contacts won't sync to mobileme - "could not be synced due to inconsistent dat

I can't get my contacts on my phone to sync with my mac address book at all any more. It was working for a month or so, and ical and mail syncs work fine still.
BUT
I'm having similar problems with iphone contacts and mac address book sync, with the error message:
"data could not be synced due to inconsistent data" occuring when I try to force mobileme to overwrite my computer contacts using mobileme system prefs sync pane(clicked Advanced, then Reset Sync Data, then toggle to contacts only for writing data from computer to mobileme)

I am trying to get contacts from my phone to my computer. I can backup the mac address book as an archive and vcards. but I can't get the iphone contacts to sync to my mac address book or to overwrite it.

Any suggestions on how to get contacts off the iphone?
Could I unregister the computer from mobileme, then sync with itunes to get the contacts, then re-register?
Thanks for any help here!

marvisrad

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
I was tearing my hair out because my address book would never sync properly with mobileme. My iphone and mobileme both had the exact up-to-date info, but the address book just wouldn't play along. After messing with some options, I have found a solution for the issue I was having, perhaps it will help you too.

In the preferences for both address book app on my computer as well as the preferences on my mobileme contacts webpage (the mobilme preferences are found by clicking on the little gear icon found on the top of your mobileme contacts webpage), there is an option to decide the sorting order for my contacts (first name/last name) as well as the display order for the first and last name. I found that after making sure the name order/sorting options were the same between mobileme webpage and my adddressbook app the sync worked like a charm!

Hope that helps.

jackdeutsch

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2010
worked for me too

I tried sorting the last and first names the same way on mobile me and on my PC running outlook and it cleared up my problem as well. This had me baffled for months.

Thank you.

LESJEN530

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
HELP! ALL CONTACTS (On My iPhone) only show up on my phone & never make it to my cont

Do I just sync my phone in my main computer now & pray it works?

My big question is. Alot of my contact only show up on my phone & never make it to my contact book on my computer. NEVER SYNC TO Mobileme either. Used to.

For instance, I click a contact that will not go to my book. I click on that person. That person is under ALL CONTACTS (On My iPhone) - NOT (@me.com) Mobileme).

Will this get that contact (126+ others) into my book on my computer. I will not sync until I know the answer. I will not reset & do something I dont need to do if someone can help me another way.

I keep getting message it will delete 156 contacts, modify 56, update 126. When I look. It is deleting ALL MY CONTACTS (On My iPhone).
Not giving me option to merge or anything.

Help or I ahve to call support. I do have apple care thank god.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.