Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
First off I never really understood why you would need to key out as much as possible before rotoscoping. When you roto dont you simply have everything keyed out when you create ur masks around the shape you want to cut out? I just didnt know why you would even want to try to key out a few things when ur masks take everything out up to the subject you are rotoing. In AE the way I roto is just using animated masks but this takes forever and you must go frame by frame. Any other good apps out there that the pro's use to do this such as silhoette or commotion?

My second question is in AE i had my backgroudn then i roto'ed out a person and put them into the foreground. I needed to add fire on a seperate layer in front of them. Is adding an adjustment layer simply adding a new layer becasue i couldnt find where to add a new blank layer anywhere. If not what are adjusment layers used for? Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.