Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Sure, you could buy hardware and pay for a subscription to adobes services to access your stuff.

Or, you could just install Inkpad for the fastest and most efficient drawing experience on your iPad there is.

Or, you could install iDraw and get a FULL featured vector drawing app, on both iOS AND OSX, AND see all your files sync'd perfectly and effortlessly via iCloud, AND not pay a subscription fee, and all for under a hundred bucks, AND made by a company who gives a damn, listens to your feedback, stays on top of updates, and isn't the archaic bloated molester-uncle of the software industry.

There is no reason to draw with Adobe products anymore.
You sat on your hands and collected our hundreds of millions too long, Adobe.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Steve Jobs just rolled over in his grave. I remember him distinctly saying that the iPhone and iPad did not need a stylus. At least it wasn't Apple that sold it.

I think we can all stop claiming that Steve Jobs is doing anything with any announcement pertaining to Apple. He's gone. Sad but true. Rest assured his vision is not always going to be followed with current management.

No one said the iPhone or iPad needed a stylus but if you want to draw, the days of using your finger tip were long gone with the first iPad. A stylus is necessary for those who create some pretty wicked art on their tablet.

As for the product shot and the wiggly reaction surrounding the stylus laying on the screen, it's a product shot. Pretty sure the iPad is okay.

iOSaddict

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
You all need to understand the distinction between needing a stylus to navigate the UI (bad), and having a pressure sensitive, fine point stylus for digital painting, sketching, note taking, and all other kinds of stuff (great).

Steve Jobs never said styluses are bad. He said smartphones and tablets that require a stylus to be used are bad.

I find it amazing how people tend to twist his words to make their points. :eek:

hexor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2002
Minnesota
Sort-of nasty of them to name an App Sketch when there is already a well-know photoshop like software called Sketch on the Mac from Bohemian Coding.

Renzatic

Suspended
I find it amazing how people tend to twist his words to make their points. :eek:

I find it amazing how people tend to miss the point entirely on this. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a stylus around to draw with. It's far more precise, and works a helluva lot better than your finger. It sucks having to use one to navigate the UI, but as an optional tool, it's better to have one when you need it than not.

Yet some people go "ew a stylus, Steve said those were bad", and slag the things as a whole without really getting the point of that whole little speech.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.