Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madmac66

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Running into issues trying to install Adobe Photoshop (and other creative cloud apps) on a freshly minted Mojave system (patched with dosdude).

I have all the CC19 offline installers as well as working installs on my El Cap volume.

However when I try to install PS I get this error
Code:
error code 41 : unable to access a critical file/directory

If I migrate the working install to Mojave I get this error
Code:
Adobe Application Manager required is missing or damaged. Download a new copy

The link to download a copy just takes me to the Creative Cloud app downloader. doesnt fix a thing.

whats a guy to do? Is there no way to get CC apps working on Mojave now its no longer officially supported by either party?

Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 3.28.26 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 5.11.30 PM.png

I've asked this question over on the Adobe forums too, but I dont hold much hope for that. Some of the dumbest answers ever to basic questions I've received from that group. Atrocious.

madmac66

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Moderators, why was this thread moved to MacOS/Monterey forum. This has nothing to do with either?????

Reactions: CoastalOR

madmac66

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Try to give the Photoshop CC installer Full Disk Access.
<strikethrough>I assume by that you mean give it ACL 777 command in terminal?</strikethrough>

Nevermind, I found the Full Disk Access tab in Security Controls. Just updated to Mojave from El Cap so this is a new one for me.

Thanks I'll give that a try and report back.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.