Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blazerunner

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2020
My employer has given me an Adobe Teams accounts with access to all Adobe apps on a laptop that they provided me. When I look at my 'Activated devices' page under my account, I am given the following information:

eula.jpg

My question is this:

I'd like to install Adobe apps on my personal desktop computer. If I do, how does Adobe know if both computers are in use? I switch between my work laptop and my personal computer often, but if I do, would I get locked out or something? I obviously can't work on two projects at the same time but I have apps running with open documents left running on both computers. Would there be some kind of block or something happen to the account?

Thanks!

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
My employer has given me an Adobe Teams accounts with access to all Adobe apps on a laptop that they provided me. When I look at my 'Activated devices' page under my account, I am given the following information:

View attachment 1974880

My question is this:

I'd like to install Adobe apps on my personal desktop computer. If I do, how does Adobe know if both computers are in use? I switch between my work laptop and my personal computer often, but if I do, would I get locked out or something? I obviously can't work on two projects at the same time but I have apps running with open documents left running on both computers. Would there be some kind of block or something happen to the account?

Thanks!
I think they can tell where you're signing in from would be my guess. It says you can use it on two computers but just one at a time so you should be okay.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Does Adobe teams only allow one install? Adobe CC lets each user run the software twice. I am currently running both side by side on my 5K iMac and M1 Max. I am not familiar with Adobe Teams but do know Adobe CC allows for 2 installs that can run simultaneously.

Chancha

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2014
I can only speak on Adobe CC since I have no experience with Teams:

Every time you sign in Adobe CC or activate a computer, it needs to be online and talk to Adobe server, that's how they know it. (If I am not wrong, if you are stuck in a jungle without internet, Adobe will stop your computer from launching apps in 60 days or something.)

If you only had one computer activated, adding the 2nd computer should be smooth with no limits.

You can concurrently launch the same app on both computers despite what the license says. I mean Adobe does not technically bar people from doing so. Matter of fact it is legit workflow for people to have a desktop then a laptop working at the same job anyway.

It only gets complex if you add the 3rd computer to the mix. At the moment that you activate the 3rd, upon launching any app Adobe will counter check with server, if it sees you are already beyond the limit then it will ask you which computer to (remotely) deactivate. The process is usually instant unless you are in stuck a rain forest with SIM card connection. Your 3rd computer effectively takes over the 1st deactivated one, and if you want to reactiviate on that one you will need to repeat the above process.

Now assuming Teams does limit you to only one computer at a time, I assume you can apply the above scenario and just replace the 3rd computer with the 2nd computer.

Reactions: hobowankenobi

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004

View attachment 1974880

My question is this:

Thanks!

My experience suggests to me that every time you open one of the apps, it "phones home", and Adobe will know about it, assuming you're connected to the internet. I suspect that the app reports when it quits too. Nobody but me uses my Adobe software, but I have a CAD program with the same EULA limits, and occasionally somebody opens the program on another computer.....and that leads to one of the computers getting a message that says another computer is using the license....and then the program quits.

Years and years ago I did some work in an office where photoshop was installed on multiple computers and everybody knew that they had to go offline if somebody else was already using photoshop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.