Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I have a 2007 intel C2D 2.16Ghz MacBook with 2GB RAM running the latest version of Mac OS X Lion. Every time I play a flash-based video, my MacBook kernel panics and crashes. Anyone else having this issue? Any known solutions?

Maybe it's just time to get a new MacBook. :eek:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have a 2007 intel C2D 2.16Ghz MacBook with 2GB RAM running the latest version of Mac OS X Lion. Every time I play a flash-based video, my MacBook kernel panics and crashes. Anyone else having this issue? Any known solutions?

Maybe it's just time to get a new MacBook. :eek:
Maybe, but you might try uninstalling and reinstalling Flash, which is a resource hog. Be sure to only get it directly from the Adobe site.

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
Which browser is it? Try using Chrome it has a built in Flash Plugin and see if you can reproduce. Another way to tell also is to make a second test account and try it on that account.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Flash, and my computer still crashes no matter what browser I'm using.

marmaladespoon

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2011
Oxford, UK
Hi Prof., I found your post while Googling and had to add my voice to the plea for help, since I have been having a very similar issue, and was looking desperately for references to it. However, I don't think it's unique to Lion.

Mid-2007 MacBook with 2GB RAM (upgrade from Crucial). Running Snow Leopard, but also suffered the same problem under Leopard. Beginning earlier this year, but with increasing frequency, my Mac has been kernel panicking on Flash videos. Performance often becomes a bit choppy in the minutes before the crash, and sometimes the sound cracks up beforehand, but it's also known to suddenly die out of the blue.

It's not an individual browser's problem - same crashes under Firefox, Chrome and Safari. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash, but to no avail. It's driving me nuts, and I too have been wondering whether it's just time to get a new machine. Can anybody shed any more light on this?

Richard5

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2009
This is what is happening to me on my Mini, If I untick "use plugins" in Preferences then nothing crashes, but I tick " plugins" then Safari crashes,

So either way I cant review video's or anything.

It all started when I tried to update Adobe Flash. Ive re installed it, then deleated it, re installed it. But cant get it back to how it was.:mad:

fastmax

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011

Richard5

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2009
I tried installing it, but it wont let me, what other plugins are available for OS Xv10.4?

Thanks.

George Boyd

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2017
I'm thinking it's just time to get a new Mac... :(Not a all! Having exact same issue on newer machine!
[doublepost=1491651670][/doublepost]No! Not at all! Having exact same issue on newer machine! It's Adobe's fault, not Apple's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.