Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
I'm pretty sure before I updated to Mojave from High Sierra on my 2011 Macbook Pro (8,1) I had hardware GPU acceleration working in Adobe Premiere. I'm assuming this is an effect of having to patch the video card drivers in the Mojave patcher, though I could just be misremembering it from also editing on a Hackintosh PC that does have CUDA/OpenCL rendering. Right now in rendering/hardware acceleration options I get this:

bPVk6Vj.png

Is this normal/is there any way to get GPU acceleration back in programs like Adobe Premiere? Or should I downgrade back to High Sierra? And, if so, is there a way to do that without losing any of my data? (I don't have Time Machine or anything like that, though I do have backups of all my files offsite...).

Last edited:
Reactions: ASentientBot

Gregnyrfan

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011
as of right now there are no nvidia web drivers for mojave. You can patch the driver from high sierra, however, there will be NO Hardware Acceleration. Need to wait till nvidia releases a driver for mojave or downgrade to high sierra.

Reactions: martyjmclean

peanutismint

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, UK
as of right now there are no nvidia web drivers for mojave. You can patch the driver from high sierra, however, there will be NO Hardware Acceleration. Need to wait till nvidia releases a driver for mojave or downgrade to high sierra.

Thanks, I actually did download to High Sierra for other reasons but I don't have an nVidia GPU so not sure if these 'web drivers' will apply to me...?

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro which only has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512 MB). I might be misremembering ever having hardware graphics acceleration on it; I might be thinking of my Hackintosh....!!

Any ideas??

northernmunky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2007
London, Taipei
Thanks, I actually did download to High Sierra for other reasons but I don't have an nVidia GPU so not sure if these 'web drivers' will apply to me...?

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro which only has an Intel HD Graphics 3000 (512 MB). I might be misremembering ever having hardware graphics acceleration on it; I might be thinking of my Hackintosh....!!

Any ideas??

You're limited to software only on that GPU so what youre seeing is right, you wont even have OpenCL, its not supported by Premiere.

Reactions: martyjmclean

Gregnyrfan

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2011

Any ideas??

Just to make sure, Click on the apple icon in the top left corner, select “about this mac.” Then under “Graphics” does it list only your intel HD Graphics 3000 or does it list anything else there?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 11.24.15 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 11.24.15 AM.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 230
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.