Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventuss

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Luma fusion is great, but Adobe Rush is supposed to be cross compatible with Premiere Pro, which is great.

Problem is, its performance has always been terrible on iPad. Back in 2018 I thought my iPad Pro 10.5 was too weak to handle it, then I got the iPad Pro 2020 and been trying it every few months and it still have serious performance and instability issues, with random crashes, constant freezes and jaggy performance while skimming the timeline. And I'm not talking about 4K, but 1080p 60.. 14-18mb/s files.

Now we have an iPad Pro that has the same M1 chip used on Macs. Did anything change? Anyone here ever tried to work on a 5-6 minutes project that involved using 4 or more timelines, some transitions, text overlays.

I'd much appreciate to hear your experience with Adobe Rush and the Pad Pro M1.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
Luma fusion is great, but Adobe Rush is supposed to be cross compatible with Premiere Pro, which is great.
“cross compatible” isn’t the right word I would say. You can open/import Rush-projects in Premiere Pro. After that you can’t switch devices e.g. iPad and MacBook and continue working from both like you can with a Rush-project (in the cloud).

Stability for Rush on iPadOS 14.6, 11” iPP 2021 is sometimes still an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.