Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeanSy

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
New Penultimate update today that was supposed to make Jot Stylus changes.

My quick test seems to indicate that they've greatly improved the offset issue as well as lag. It's much closer to writing just like a regular ball point pen. I'm loving it.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

:confused:

you mean the stylus of jot Script? The Penultimate has update to improve the issue of the jags of the diagnal?
i'm looking forward to it.

SeanSy

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
Having both the Script and the Touch, I've been using the Script more and more for writing via zoombox in Goodnotes. For that kind of use not having the disc makes for a more natural feel and the offset isn't as problematic. The offset still makes it difficult to use for full screen writing or sketching though.

Good news is the battery is still going strong after more than a month of use.
Thanks for your introduction!
I am going to buy a stylus and difficult to decide which one, the Script or Touch?
You said that the Touch is the only one you have seen that can write in full screen without zoom box as its high precision . However, the jot Pro is similar with the Touch except for the pressure sensitivity. Whether the precision of the Jot and the Touch is different? As far as I known, it should be the same.
If I don't use the stylus for drawing but still expect the high precision to write in full screen, should I buy the Jot Touch or Pro? What about Script?
Thanks to your reply!

SeanSy

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
I agree the jot script is working great for me with goodnotes. I was getting frustrated for a bit I thought there was a problem with mine as it would constantly stop working. I kept thinking the battery was dying, then I found you can see the battery status in the App. Come to find out I kept hitting the power button, not sure if it's sensitive or it's just the way I hold the stylus. Now that I know what my issue was it works great, and I almost never accidentally turn it off now.

Thanks for your experience !

SeanSy

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
Absolutely love mine.

I use it for writing all my meeting notes and diagrams. LOVE IT!

The only thing I dont like is..my hand writing is even worst on this lol. I already had a bad handwriting; let's just it went from bad to worst, but who cares! i can still read it.

I am using GoodNotes.

you mean that you use Apex?

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Thanks for your introduction!

I am going to buy a stylus and difficult to decide which one, the Script or Touch?

You said that the Touch is the only one you have seen that can write in full screen without zoom box as its high precision . However, the jot Pro is similar with the Touch except for the pressure sensitivity. Whether the precision of the Jot and the Touch is different? As far as I known, it should be the same.

If I don't use the stylus for drawing but still expect the high precision to write in full screen, should I buy the Jot Touch or Pro? What about Script?

Thanks to your reply!

I just tried the script and did not like it at all. Very jaggy and imprecise. Definitely go for the touch.

SeanSy

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
I just tried the script and did not like it at all. Very jaggy and imprecise. Definitely go for the touch.

i have seen the review about the script on youtube.com. i think the precision is high if you use proper apps such as goodnotes4 .
here is the links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWbAqtNdK5w

in addition, one of the most advantages of the script in my opinion is convenience. that means you can write at any time only need to take up your stylus not just as the Touch which you should twist the cap.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
i have seen the review about the script on youtube.com. i think the precision is high if you use proper apps such as goodnotes4 .
here is the links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWbAqtNdK5w

in addition, one of the most advantages of the script in my opinion is convenience. that means you can write at any time only need to take up your stylus not just as the Touch which you should twist the cap.

Yes, I saw that before I purchased it. I think I'm just suffering from over expectations after having used a Galaxy Note for awhile and it's s-pen. I was hoping for that experience on my iPad but that's just not possible unfortunately.

SeanSy

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2014
Yes, I saw that before I purchased it. I think I'm just suffering from over expectations after having used a Galaxy Note for awhile and it's s-pen. I was hoping for that experience on my iPad but that's just not possible unfortunately.

That's true. I have bought Script but a little disappoint. The offset is larger than I expected when I'm handwriting. What's more, I felt that it's harder to write on ipad air than on the New iPad. Maybe the screen is different between the iPad Air and the New iPad? As far as I am concerned, the Script can't be written on iPad Air at all. And the experience of jot Touch becomes worse after I used it on the iPad Air.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Since I started this thread, I might as well post an update about my use of it.

Basically, I broke it in half. On purpose. Having gone back and forth on it for a while I got tired of the feeling that I should use it because it cost me $80, so I figured the only way I would escape the madness was to get rid of it permanently.

The offset was fine with me. What wasn't fine was two things that turned out to be bigger problems than I liked long term.

First of all the auto shutoff feature was just beyond annoying. I'm a teacher, and so my primary use for this was correction various hand-ins, a task that doesn't involve constant stylus use. Finding the thing shut off every time I picked it back up again was just too annoying.

Second was the random power drain. It seems to use power when shut off, so it got to the point where I was changing batteries way too often, finding I had a non-working pen when I needed it, etc. Also, because it randomly cuts in and out during use when low on battery, rather than just working/not working, I found myself erasing half detected letters more often than anything I considered OK.

So, I've gone back to my Wacom Bamboo Duo, and frankly it's a pleasure to use after having used the Script for a while. While not as accurate, the fact I can pick it up and know it's working every single time is just worth more to me.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
So, I've gone back to my Wacom Bamboo Duo, and frankly it's a pleasure to use after having used the Script for a while. While not as accurate, the fact I can pick it up and know it's working every single time is just worth more to me.

Thought about alternative such as Jot Pro or Cregle Ink?

Bamboo is a bit fat, I'd rather get 53 Pencil in that case probably they seem similarly fat.

I'm currently shopping for a stylus and I can't decide whether to go with Script or not. I'm actually looking in replacing my notebooks with my iPad entirely. I have the mini. I'm going to try both Jot Pro and Jot Script in a shop in a few days...

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Since I started this thread, I might as well post an update about my use of it.

Basically, I broke it in half. On purpose. Having gone back and forth on it for a while I got tired of the feeling that I should use it because it cost me $80, so I figured the only way I would escape the madness was to get rid of it permanently.

The offset was fine with me. What wasn't fine was two things that turned out to be bigger problems than I liked long term.

First of all the auto shutoff feature was just beyond annoying. I'm a teacher, and so my primary use for this was correction various hand-ins, a task that doesn't involve constant stylus use. Finding the thing shut off every time I picked it back up again was just too annoying.

Second was the random power drain. It seems to use power when shut off, so it got to the point where I was changing batteries way too often, finding I had a non-working pen when I needed it, etc. Also, because it randomly cuts in and out during use when low on battery, rather than just working/not working, I found myself erasing half detected letters more often than anything I considered OK.

Wow, interesting feedback. I'd never get a Jot Script anyway (batteries, ticking noise...).
Enjoy the Bamboo.

----------

Thought about alternative such as Jot Pro or Cregle Ink?

Bamboo is a bit fat, I'd rather get 53 Pencil in that case probably they seem similarly fat.

I'm currently shopping for a stylus and I can't decide whether to go with Script or not. I'm actually looking in replacing my notebooks with my iPad entirely. I have the mini. I'm going to try both Jot Pro and Jot Script in a shop in a few days...

If writing is what you'll mostly do, a rubber tip is fine IMHO. Get a notetaking app with a zoom pane and you'll be fine without a fancy stylus that makes noise and eats batteries.
However, for somewhat more detailed drawing, the Jot Pro seems worth a test.
BTW, I just got myself a GoSmart 300 for drawing - very happy with it so far.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

w00tini

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
business user here... taking notes during meetings and brainstorming whilst drinking coffee. no art whatsoever. on iPad Air

I'm loving the Jot Script Evernote edition stylus. Works flawlessly for my needs. I'm using Note Shelf. No dropping of signal at all as long as you stay in the application. Multi tasking out will drop it for a second whence coming back to Note Shelf, but the iPad picks the stylus right back up again.

Not much else to say. If you're on the fence buy it from Amazon and simply return if you don't like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.