Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GSA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2015
02649E76-8522-4D0A-AC59-FEA9AB32C6DB.jpeg
This mac studio

Is How many times faster then 24 cores max pro Xeon 2.7 ghz, with 64 gb memory and 12 cores or 24 cores? I have occasion on eBay ! How many times faster is this max studio 2.2 or 5.5 faster ??

I will only use CPU memory !

A lot of threads !

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
From the Apple keynote, the Studio Max is as fast as a 2019 16core MacPro.
The Studio Ultra, as below:

According to Apple, the M1 Ultra's CPU is up to 3.8x faster than the highest-end Intel Core i9 iMac (which has now been discontinued), and up to 60 percent faster than the 28-core Mac Pro with Intel Xeon W processor. As for the GPU, the M1 Ultra is 4.5x faster than the 27-inch iMac and 80 percent faster than the highest-end Mac Pro with AMD Radeon Pro W6900X graphics.

Threads and ram etc are not inter-comparable between intel and Apple Silicon, as they work completely differently.

GSA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2015
From the Apple keynote, the Studio Max is as fast as a 2019 16core MacPro.
The Studio Ultra, as below:

According to Apple, the M1 Ultra's CPU is up to 3.8x faster than the highest-end Intel Core i9 iMac (which has now been discontinued), and up to 60 percent faster than the 28-core Mac Pro with Intel Xeon W processor. As for the GPU, the M1 Ultra is 4.5x faster than the 27-inch iMac and 80 percent faster than the highest-end Mac Pro with AMD Radeon Pro W6900X graphics.

Threads and ram etc are not inter-comparable between intel and Apple Silicon, as they work completely differently.
So you would say it’s How many times faster then Mac Pro xeon 2,7 GHz , 64 GB memory with 12 cores ?

GSA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2015
What about sprzed between Mac Pro xeon 12 cores , 64 GB memory, with some video memory 1tb. And How many times faster is MacBook Pro 15 inch with 2.5ghz Intel core i7 , and 16 gb, How many time faster is Mac Pro xeon from
MacBook ? 2x faster or 3 x faster !?

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Depends what you're doing. If you're making youtube videos, which seems to be what this is geared for, it crunches anywhere from 1.4x faster than a high end Xeon system to almost twice as fast as a decent i7 or i9. Things like web & admin applications it does the same speed regardless of cores, because those are single core tasks, and anyway can be done on any old phone or iPad so that wouldn't be the point of buying one of these. Just be sure you don't need it to run 32bit apps or windows-based professional software, because buying this means you'll also need to budget for a second computer to run all that. And then be prepare yourself for how excited you're going to be about having spent $5000 on this M1 architecture in another years time when the M2 architecture blows the three year old M1 architecture out of the water.

Many ups and downs on these things.

Last edited:

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
What about sprzed between Mac Pro xeon 12 cores , 64 GB memory, with some video memory 1tb. And How many times faster is MacBook Pro 15 inch with 2.5ghz Intel core i7 , and 16 gb, How many time faster is Mac Pro xeon from
MacBook ? 2x faster or 3 x faster !?
The Studio Macs are JUST faster than any intel mac, pretty much.
You need to do some searching if you want comparisons between every other Mac.

Reactions: GSA

GSA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2015
But from info i posted above would say mac studio will be faster 2.2 times ? Or just 30%?!

GSA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2015
Just tell me What you think ! In short answer !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.