Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
Hi I am looking for Dock Thunderbolt with support of 2 monitors 4K

I found this, at amazon but I do not know if is a good option

Suggestions are always welcome or if you know a better Dock please let me know

Thanks
Camelia

MacBook Pro 16" 2023, macOS Ventura
MBP Dock.jpg

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Are the displays USB-C, HDMI, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, etc? Or not yet purchased?

Are there any features other than "2 displays" and perhaps a few USB ports that you want in the dock? e.g. Ethernet, Audio, etc?

Does it matter to you if the dock is also powering the Mac, or are you willing to plug in a power cord along with the dock?

Does your MacBook Pro have M2 Max or M2 Pro chip? If Pro, it only supports 2 displays without some "Funky" manipulations by the dock.

Reactions: camelia

camelia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2015
Mexico City
>Are the displays USB-C, HDMI, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, etc? Or not yet purchased?

3 Displays SAMSUNG M8 32" 4K

Actually 1 display connected to and old MBP 2014 (HDMI)

>Are there any features other than "2 displays" and perhaps a few USB ports that you want in the dock? e.g. Ethernet, Audio, etc?

A few USB ports, Ethernet and Audio is required.

>Does it matter to you if the dock is also powering the Mac, or are you willing to plug in a power cord along with the dock?

Can you try again? I speak Spanish I did not understand the question 🙁

>Does your MacBook Pro have M2 Max or M2 Pro chip? If Pro, it only supports 2 displays without some "Funky" manipulations by the dock.

Mac.jpg

Thanks
Camelia

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
A Thunderbolt dock cannot connect more than two displays. Additional displays can be connected to a Thunderbolt dock using DisplayLink USB adapters but it would be preferable to connect additional displays using a second Thunderbolt dock connected to the MacBook Pro (if your MacBook Pro supports more than two displays).

Linux and Windows can connect additional displays using a DisplayPort MST hub, but macOS doesn't support MST hubs for additional displays.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: camelia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.