Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
London
I currently own a Mid 2012 Macbook Air and a 27 inch Cinema Display, which works great.

I've just bought a cheap 4k television and was wondering if there's any way I could plug that in an have both displays running at the same time? I don't need a high frame rate as the screens are for programming on.

If it's not possible, what's the cheapest Mac I could buy that would be capable of driving these displays and how would I connect them? The 4k television supports HDMI 2.0, but probably not much else.

Thanks in advance!

mountain

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007
I might be wrong but I don't think the 2012 Air can handle both 4K tv AND 27" cinema.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I currently own a Mid 2012 Macbook Air and a 27 inch Cinema Display, which works great.

I've just bought a cheap 4k television and was wondering if there's any way I could plug that in an have both displays running at the same time? I don't need a high frame rate as the screens are for programming on.

If it's not possible, what's the cheapest Mac I could buy that would be capable of driving these displays and how would I connect them? The 4k television supports HDMI 2.0, but probably not much else.

Thanks in advance!
A Mac mini would drive both monitors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.