Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adalamba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Hi all,

My business associates and I are all using MobileMe for our scheduling. The problem is, we need to have access to each other's Calendars in order to effectively make scheduling decisions and stay in the loop with each other.

My question is, how do you link multiple Calendars together on MobileMe? Is it possible to do this and also have other peoples' calendar updates show up on our iPhones?

I hope this is clear! Thanks!

A

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
As far as I've seen you would need to share a single account and have your own calendars in it as you have Home and Work.

Person 1
Person 2
etc..

I don't see a way to share calendars between separate accounts

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
You will not be happy using mobileme for calendar sharing. In fact it really can't even do that. Others can only subscribe to your calendar's if you have published them, they cannot make any changes... If that is what you want you would need to publish your calendars and give others the link to your published calendar (via email) on the web. They can also subscribe to your calendar and it will show up in their iCal - but they cannot make any changes... Just look in iCal help for "publishing calendars" for the steps

The best way to do what you want to do is to use BusyCal from BusyMac. It looks, feels, and acts like iCal with many more features like you want. It is not free but it is fantastic and well supported...

http://busymac.com/

adalamba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Thanks for the response!

A few more quick questions... I'm a Mac newbie so forgive me if I ask you to restate the obvious...

I'm not clear yet on how to share a calendar over the internet. I know you said look in the help section for iCal but I still don't see how to publish a calendar that already exists on MobileMe? The calendars have different tasks on them so I don't want to have to transfer everything from MM to iCal.

Thanks in advance for your help!
A

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Hello? How do I publish a calendar on MobileMe, versus on iCal?

If you sync your iCal calendars with mobileme then your calendars are already on mobileme viewable and changeable on mobileme by you... You would need to give out your mobileme username and password for others to use (bad idea?)...

To publish a single calendar on the net for others to see and or subscribe to (read-only) just right click on one of your calendars in mobileme - click publish - then give the url to whoever you want to see your calendars.

Here is one of mine:

http://ical.mac.com/WebObjects/iCal.woa/wa/default?u=chrisdebjones&n=JXR Calendar.ics

I hope this helps :)

adalamba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
If you sync your iCal calendars with mobileme then your calendars are already on mobileme viewable and changeable on mobileme by you... You would need to give out your mobileme username and password for others to use (bad idea?)...

To publish a single calendar on the net for others to see and or subscribe to (read-only) just right click on one of your calendars in mobileme - click publish - then give the url to whoever you want to see your calendars.

Here is one of mine:

http://ical.mac.com/WebObjects/iCal.woa/wa/default?u=chrisdebjones&n=JXR Calendar.ics

I hope this helps :)
Thanks a lot for that...

The thing is, when I right click my calendars in MobileMe there is no option to "Publish", in fact, NOTHING happens when I right click my MobileMe calendars.

When you say "right click your mobile me calendar" do you mean "right click your iCal calendar"? If so, the thing with that is that we haven't been using iCal, just MobileMe. Does MobileMe automatically sync with iCal? I just don't want to have to manually take all my calendar entries from MobileMe and input them into iCal to publish.

Thanks in advance!
A

Macsterguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Texas
Thanks a lot for that...

The thing is, when I right click my calendars in MobileMe there is no option to "Publish", in fact, NOTHING happens when I right click my MobileMe calendars.

When you say "right click your mobile me calendar" do you mean "right click your iCal calendar"? If so, the thing with that is that we haven't been using iCal, just MobileMe. Does MobileMe automatically sync with iCal? I just don't want to have to manually take all my calendar entries from MobileMe and input them into iCal to publish.

Thanks in advance!
A

Yes, Right click your iCal calendars (locally, in iCal) to publish one of them then give the url to that calendar to someone and they can see (read only) the calendar online NOT MobileMe online...

Also, MobileMe online will sync automatically with iCal on your mac and Visa-versa... Also with another Mac or a iPhone if you have one... You can also sync contacts, bookmarks etc... That is the best part of MobileMe. You also have 20 GB of storage on your MobileMe iDisk!

Now when you make a change on any device (including the new iPad) all of your apple devices are in sync... Mac, iPhone, iPad, MobileMe - iCal, contacts, bookmarks and more...

If you are using the MobileMe online calendar interface you will find that the iCal interface is much, much, much, much better (locally on your Mac). Did I say how much better iCal is??? I NEVER, NEVER use the online MobileMe calendar. Why do that when you have iCal on your Mac??? Think of MobileMe as the sync portion of all of this...

BACKUP FIRST, BACKUP FIRST, BACKUP FIRST

To turn on sync for iCal -to- MobileMe (and other things like contacts) just open Syst Prefs (on your mac) and go to MobileMe and make sure you are logged into MobileMe under the account tab... Then click the sync tab and decide what you want to sync and set automatically or manual sync (I use automatic). Then click sync now...

See: http://www.apple.com/mobileme/

I hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.